In some cases, practitioners do not require the full panel of labs typically offered at the initial visit. This may be the case when a previous CBC and Metabolic Panel has been reviewed and when Vitamin D levels are not a concern. In that case a Detailed Biotype Panel may be utilized.
The test includes:
- Histamine, Whole Blood – recognized as a most useful indicator of ones methylation status. As opposed to DNA SNP’s which attempt to predict methylation status.
- Copper, Serum – Elevated copper indicates there is an oxidative burden on the body
- Ceruloplasmin – When drawn simultaneously with copper, it is useful in determining one’s level of ‘free copper’.
- Zinc, Plasma – Zinc is involved in over 300 metabolic functions of the body. Not least of which is the production of serotonin and dopamine, the removal of copper and the production of ceruloplasmin.
- Homocysteine – Homocysteine is an inflammatory marker that is biosynthesized from methionine and can be recycled into methionine or to the glutathione antioxidant through normal metabolic process or encouraged through proper supplementation.
Practitioners who are trained in the Walsh Protocol, in conjunction with a health history and medications review are able better address mood and behavior by correcting particular imbalances. These imbalances influence the activity and performance of neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine by causing either an up-regulation or down-regulation of these nerve transmitters. They also reflect whether or not someone is likely experiencing oxidative stress, or epigenetic influence on the DNA’s production of protein. Depression, schizophrenia, autism, biopolar disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, anxiety and other psychiatric conditions are frequently associated with and imbalance in nutrients that may have an imbalance in one or more of these nutrients or biochemical conditions.
With your order, you will receive a urine kit for testing kryptopyrroles, which will shipped to you by DHA laboratories. Blood will be drawn at a nearby laboratory for which you will receive a requisition form showing that you’ve paid. Results will be sent to you via a secure HIPAA compliant email.